Book Sculptures by Anita Francis

I find it an exciting challenge to explore a way to give a relinquished book a new life. The process of remodeling damaged and discarded books and their jackets into sculptural art pieces has developed over the past several years, stemming from my life-long practice of painting and of crafting objects of art by hand. Through the process of folding and the cutting away of parts of a book's pages, revealing its interior, the remaining fragments are still attached to the binding.

Please visit some earlier book sculpture photos at:
Also, I have created a blog of my painting and photo alterations at:






Thursday, April 8, 2010


3 comments:

Pat W said...

Anita, we'd like to display your work at the Bogue Banks Library in Pine Knoll Shores. If you're interested, please contact me at patwarnke@hotmail.com or 726-0082. I am the volunteer coordinator for the library. Pat Warnke

Poetsailor said...

Hi Anita, it's Sailor. Your work is wonderful. I do believe this is the first time I have ever seen such interesting sculptures. Beautiful work. You should really think of the Bogue Banks Library offer.
http://poetsailor.net
poetsailor@hotmail.com

Anita Francis said...

I will be showing some of my work at the Bogue Banks Library in Pine Knoll Shores, NC during the month of February, 2011.